Review | Nordik Spa



Spring has finally arrived and I'm getting more and more excited for warmer weather and minimal layers.

I've been told by a few of my colleagues that this post is long overdue given my frequent visits to spas in the area. 

Over the last year, I've visited 4 different spas, two of each I've visited multiple times. This post will be the first of a 4 part spa series.

A 20 minute drive from downtown Ottawa brings you to this beautiful gem located in Gatineau Park. This spa is massive and new additions are continuously being added. It is the largest Scandinavian spa in North America. 

 Image result for nordik spa

Cost
It's cheaper to go on a weekday and I'd recommend bringing your own bathrobe as they charge an additional $12 to rent one of theirs. Most people go to the spa during the weekend which costs $63 plus tax. Weekends can get pretty busy so I would avoid going on long weekends.

Image result for nordik spa

Spa Experience
I'm a spa junkie and Nordik really hits the spot in terms of ultimate relaxation and beautiful facilities. There are three zones: whisper, silent, and social. Each zone has different types of pools, saunas and rest areas. New this year is an exfoliation station; you first spend about 10 minutes in a sauna and then once your pores have opened up, you rub salts all over your body and rince off. My personal favourite is the eucalyptus steam room.

Cons
It's the only spa of its kind in the area and has become increasingly popular. As such, waitlists are becoming more common and the overall spa experience takes a bit of a hit on crowded days. Out of the 4 spas, this is the only one where you have to pay for a bathrobe.

Image result for nordik spa fall

Pros
Fall is the best time to go with all the beautiful colours and especially being within the Gatineau Park. If you're going during the summer months, I'd recommend going in the evening as I can't imagine the hot baths being particularly enjoyable on a hot sunny summer day. The best part about this spa is that it is so large and with it's different zones, there really is something for everyone.

-Lily

Unknown

"History develops, art stands still." E.M. Foster

No comments:

Post a Comment