Travel Diaries | Greece


If you follow me on Instagram you would have known that I recently went to Greece for the first time! I've been wanting to go for ages and I am so so SO glad I finally went!!

I booked the trip on a whim two weeks before departure with my travel agent. As this was my first trip outside of North America, I decided to do a tour and chose to go with Contiki, having heard great things about the tours. 

The Tour

I went on the 9 day Greek Island Adventurer tour which started and ended in Athens. This particular tour is one of Contiki's "easy pace" tours which means less travelling and two nights on each island.

Itinerary

From Athens, we took a 4 hour ferry to the first island, Paros. After Paros we took a high speed ferry to Santorini and from there we took a one hour ferry to Ios. 

Paros

This was my favourite island between the three. Paros is not as "touristy" so there were no crowds to deal with. The village we stayed in was super cute with easy access to the sea which was lined with restaurants. During our stay we sailed to the island of Antiparos and went for a swim in the most beautiful water I had ever seen!




Santorini

This island is stunning and very different from Paros. Santorini is essentially what remains of a volcanic eruption and thus the landscape is quite unique. We watched the world famous sunset and hiked a volcano.




Ios

We didn't end up doing much on this island so this was my least favourite between the three. We spent one day at the Farout beach (which is beautiful by the way) and both nights we hit the town. The nightlife on this island is amazing!! 



Island hopping in Greece is so incredibly worth it and I would recommend going with Contiki if you're into tours and meeting a ton of people from around the world (mostly from Australia to be honest). I really enjoyed my first European adventure and can't wait to book my next trip :)



Have any of you ever been to Greece? What did you enjoy the most? 

Unknown

"History develops, art stands still." E.M. Foster

No comments:

Post a Comment