Travel Diaries | Boston


It has been a while since I last posted on my blog but I just got back from trip to Boston and thought it'd be great to get back into blogging. 

I drove down instead of flying and I have to say, the roads are a lot nicer in the American states I drove through compared to Ontario. It took about 7 hours to get there which isn't too bad, the only traffic I encountered was in Montreal and within the greater Boston area.

Also, I was lucky that the weather was beautiful for the duration of the trip :)

Accomodations



I stayed at the W Boston which is located in the Back Bay area, close to Chinatown. The location was perfect as I was able to walk everywhere (Boston Common, Boston Public Garden, Newbury Street, etc.). The only time I took a cab was to get to Fenway Park which is about a 15 minute drive away. 

The W is a very chic, contemporary hotel with upscale features such as their toiletries and the room design. I definitely enjoyed my stay at the hotel.


Newbury Street

This street was on a many must-see lists for Boston so I decided to check it out. It's lined with historic brownstones which house boutiques, restaurants and cafes. I particularly enjoyed Emack & Bolio's, an ice cream shop with the best smoothie I've ever had. 

Faneuil Hall





Two places stood out to me: the Boston Public Market and Wicked Good Cupcakes. The cupcakes are to DIE for and the apple cider slushie from the market was the bomb.com!

Fenway Park


Prior to this trip, I had been to Blue Jays games in Toronto, which are fun but not really my cup of tea. Going to a Red Sox game in Boston on the other hand, is a definite must as the stadium was completely full and the fans are crazy! 

Final Thoughts

Although I didn't get the chance to explore the entire city, from what I saw and experienced, Boston is an amazing place to visit in the summer. It's much more laid-back than NYC but still a big city and there are tons of things to see. Boston has such a rich history; I highly recommend that you spend at least a few days to really get a taste of what it has to offer.



Stay tuned for my next mini adventure (in less than a month)!

xx



Unknown

"History develops, art stands still." E.M. Foster

1 comment: