Morning Beauty Routine

With the temperatures dropping, I've started changing up my morning beauty routine. My everyday go-to is a fresh face look; I like to keep things simple but from time to time I'll add in a bit of colour or flair to my makeup routine.

I like to use natural products and so I've been using a lot of products from LUSH lately. Their Shower Smoothies are a refreshing change to the traditional shower gels I've been using for years.

1) Dreamwash Shower Smoothie from Lush has a great smooth texture to it that's so different from your basic drugstore shower gel. Before this, I had the Turkish Delight shower smoothie. Both are great however I wasn't the biggest fan of the rose scented Turkish Delight which is why I opted for something different. I prefer Dreamwash however it sometimes leaves white streaks on my skin and is a tad drying. It's probably best used during the summer as it contains aloe vera and calamine.



2) Movis from Lush is an awesome facial soap that I use in the morning as a bit of refresher. It leaves my skin feeling clean but not dry (which I love). I don't use it every single day so I've the one bar for a couple of months now. It has a spongy texture and is a gentle exfoliator.



After cleansing, I moisturize, particularly during the colder months where my skin is drier. I personally find it tricky to find good face and body moisturizers. It's been pretty trial and error so far and I have yet to find a favourite. If you have any suggestions, please leave a comment below!

3) Dream Fresh BB Cream by Mabelline is what I'm currently using as a tinted face moisturizer. I've never used tinted products before so I was a little hesitant to try this at first. I'm quite pleased with this BB cream given that it was pretty cheap (about 7 bucks at Walmart). It's an 8 in 1 beauty balm with SPF 30. It gives my skin a natural glow which is perfect since my skin can be a little dull during the cooler months.



4) Argan Oil of Morocco lotion is my current body lotion. It smells AMAZING however it does not do the best job at moisturizing. I find myself reapplying the product more than once in a day. I definitely wouldn't recommend this product for use during the winter months.


As for my makeup routine, I typically fill in my brows using a brow pencil (I've been using a cheap one from Rimmel and it suits me just fine), add some mascara and some lip colour. Sometimes I do just a tinted lip balm, other days I wear lipstick (usually from MAC).

5) Everlasting Liquid Lipstick by Kat Von D is my latest purchase from Sephora and I am so in love with this line! I've been wanting to get one of her liquid lipsticks for a couple of weeks now but every time I went to the store, they were sold out! I managed to grab one in "Vampira" last weekend :) It's probably the darkest shade I've ever worn on my lips so it took a bit of getting used to. I love how it goes on wet but then dries matte. My suggestion: apply lip balm beforehand! I really wanna try the Lolita and Exorcism shades next!






xx

Unknown

"History develops, art stands still." E.M. Foster

No comments:

Post a Comment