Makeup Review: They're Real! Push-Up Liner

A few of my friends have asked me what I thought of this liner from Benefit Cosmetics and so I figured it might be time to post my review on my blog.


It's a gel eyeliner and cost me a pretty penny ($31) at Sephora. I typically alternate between drugstore and higher-end eyeliners whenever I run out and I'm definitely a liquid liner/gel liner type of gal. Because I had eye surgery in the summer I couldn't wear liner for weeks so I decided on splurging once I was finally able to wear eye makeup again.

The product:
It's supposed to be waterproof and thus long-lasting. It comes in a pen-like format with an angled tip.


What I like:
It's a gel liner and I'm a tad obsessed with gel liners. Since I don't wear eyeliner every single day, the product has lasted me quite a while so far. I think I purchased this in December or January and I'm still using it today.

What I don't like:
It took a few tries before getting used to the application of the liner. You have to twisted the bottom for the the actual gel to come out which means that whenever you put the cap back on, the gel kind spreads everywhere inside. I don't find that it's particularly "lash-hugging" but it does the job fine. The price is definitely NOT right; so expensive for what you get. 

Would I buy this again? Um no. It does the trick but it is pretty comparable to your basic drugstore gel liner. It's also not waterproof nor long-lasting.

What's your favourite gel liner?

xx

Unknown

"History develops, art stands still." E.M. Foster

No comments:

Post a Comment