Where to Next? | Travel Diaries


I've been getting several requests from different people who want to hear about more about the countries/cities and travel companies I'm looking into for my future adventures. Since I've caught the travel bug, I have started reading a whole bunch of travel magazines and subscribed to a number of different mailing lists in order to get first dibs on travel deals. The more information I get, the more I learn about new and exciting places I'd like to visit. I am also realizing that I'm interested in trying different travelling styles which I think speaks to my adaptability and openness to new experiences :)

I've compiled a list of my top 3 destinations and/or travel companies:

1. Iceland/Italy/France
For my next trip to Europe, I'd like to try building my own adventure (as opposed to going on a tour). I'm not at all opposed to guided tours but I'm just looking for a different European experience. I'd like to do a 1 night stopover in Reykjavik (Iceland) on my way to Europe and then fly to Milan, train to Rome (2 nights), train to la Spezia (2 nights), train to Florence (2 nights), and train to Nice (3 nights).

La Spezia, Italy

My wishlist for this trip would be: Blue Lagoon in Iceland and a day trip to Monaco.

Blue Lagoon, Iceland

Monaco

2. Trekking Mont Blanc (G Adventures)
I'm super keen on doing this 10 day challenging hike and ending my trip overseas with a short relaxing trip to Barcelona maybe? I'd have to train for this type of trip but I feel as though reaching the summit would be incredibly rewarding. I've heard great things about G Adventures and they have trips that cater to different types of travellers. What I like about these "Active" tours is that they're small groups so you really get the opportunity to bond with the group.

Mont Blanc

3. Mediterranean Highlights (Contiki)
Having already done a Contiki (see post on Greece), I know that I'll really enjoy another tour with them. I love how you don't need to plan anything as everything has already been arranged for you. I'm clearly quite drawn to the Mediterranean region in Europe (hence these top 3 destinations) and would love to check out some of the cities on this particular tour. This is a 13 day tour that starts in Rome and takes you to several cities such as Florence, Vatican City, Aix-en-Provence, Avignon and Barcelona.

Barcelona

I'll keep everyone posted on my next adventure!

Comment below with any suggestions :)

xx

Unknown

"History develops, art stands still." E.M. Foster

No comments:

Post a Comment