Travel Diaries | Planning my next getaway


This summer I'm planning on exploring Boston for a few days in August. It's one of the oldest city in America which means lots of historical sites to visit. It would be my first time visiting the Boston so I thought it'd be fun to share my itinerary. 

1. Flights

I use Expedia for flights and hotels (unless the airlines have a special promotion) as I find it's one of the most user-friendly websites and you can earn and redeem points. So far the most affordable flights are with Porter Airlines. The downside to using Porter is that it wouldn't a direct flight from Ottawa. The plus-side? Complimentary wine or beer :)


2. Hotel vs. Airbnb

I've always stayed in hotels but decided to compare the costs between an average hotel room vs. getting an Airbnb. Boston is a pretty popular destination during the dates I'm thinking of travelling and I find that the Airbnb option is worth it if you're travelling with at least one other person. At this point getting a hotel + flight package is the best option for me.

3. Hotel Options

Yotel Boston


Seaport Boston Hotel


Copley Square Hotel 



4. Sightseeing

Since I'm going in the summer it'll be perfect weather to do lots of walking around and taking in the sights.

 Boston Harbor

Faneuil Hall Marketplace

 Fenway Park

Newbury Street

I honestly can't wait to finalize the details and to finally head down to Boston this summer!

Stay tuned for more details!

xx

Unknown

"History develops, art stands still." E.M. Foster

No comments:

Post a Comment