Furniture Facelift

I decided to start posting my DIY projects as a way to keep me motivated and to share my experiences and new ideas :)

My boyfriend and I just moved into a new house (well the house itself is old) which of course means that I've been spending countless hours on Pinterest, coming up with project ideas for each room in the house.

I started with refinishing furniture which is not as easy as it looks but the end result makes it all worth it. If you don't already own used wood furniture, they are so easy to find online! I use Kijiji as my go to :)

Now you need supplies; I like to stain wood as opposed to simply painting. By staining you still retain the character and unique details of the wood but painting is still a great way to refinish furniture.




















There are tons of great articles and Youtube videos that go over the basics of wood staining. Pinterest is my favourite way to get inspiration :)

Before:


After: 


We were given this dresser by a friend and this project ended up taking me weeks to complete! I was so busy with work that I would only work on it for a couple of hours a week. It didn't come out as nicely as I would have liked but it was a great learning experience nonetheless. I updated the dresser by using a dark stain and new hardware from Lowes.

Stay tuned for more projects!


Lily xx


Unknown

"History develops, art stands still." E.M. Foster

No comments:

Post a Comment