Lulus Haul | Summer Edition

Earlier this month I went on a bit of a shopping spree at Lulus as I recently discovered that they an amazing sales section on their website. I spent about $70 on two dresses, a purse, a top and a skirt. Everything I purchased was under $25 so it makes sense as to how I couldn't resist.

In an earlier blog post, I reviewed on of their dresses which I absolutely loved. Naturally I expected a similar sentiment towards my latest order but I'd have to say that I am not. I think that it's important to not just post about the good but to also highlight the bad as well. I figure that I'm helping at least one other person make better decisions when spending their money online.

Let's start with the purse. I think it was either $10 or $15 and I was in desperate need of a new crossover purse since I've been using the same one daily for about 5 years now. The purse from Lulus is cream-coloured and has a detachable strap. I have three complaints: 1) for some reason the interior arrived in the mail smelling like fish and smell has not gone away 2) the detachable is not long enough for it to be worn across my chest 3) the purse itself is super stiff which makes it hard for me to find my keys and cards.



So basically, for $10-$15 I got purse that I hate.

Next is this dress. Online, it looked gorgeous, in person, the material is so crappy that when I opened my package it was all wrinkly. The funny thing is that I've since worn it once (after ironing it) and received a lot of compliments. 



This next dress was the one thing that I was most excited for since I had been eyeing it for a few weeks. I love the style and colour but it's so baggy that my boyfriend thought I was wearing pyjamas.



I ordered this skirt simply because it was $6 and I thought I'd be able to one day wear it out. Unfortunately it's too big despite it being a size small. I still like it and will probably pair with an oversized knit sweater and cute booties.



As much as I was disappointed with this haul, there were some positives: shipping was quick and I was given a discount code for my next order. I will most likely order again from Lulus but I'll definitely put some more thought into it.

Share your comments below!

Lily xx

Unknown

"History develops, art stands still." E.M. Foster

No comments:

Post a Comment