Recipe of the week: Chicken and Mushrooms in a Garlic Wine Sauce

I've been meaning to post this for some time but have been crazy busy with work, summer adventures and trips to the hospital...eek!

I wouldn't call myself a health nut, cause I'm definitely not, but I'm more of a health conscience individual who likes to make healthier choices...particularly when it comes to food. I like knowing that I'm at least eating healthy and nourishing my body during times when I'm too tired or too sick to exercise.

To keep things interesting, I try to cook new recipes each week and also allow myself to experiment and tweak some recipes. I mostly use Budget Bytes or Skinny Taste for new recipes. I love love love both blogs so much and so it only makes sense for me to share them with you!

I had the Chicken and Mushroom in a Garlic Sauce (from Skinny Taste) last night and it was so amazing! SO easy to make and very quick to make (ish). I tweaked the recipe by putting the chicken in the oven first (I just prefer oven-baked chicken). I work next to a grocery and wine store so I was able to grab a bottle of white wine before heading home in the afternoon.


If you don't have chicken broth (I rarely do), use chicken stock and stir it in water -- works like a charm!

I grow my own herbs (such a brilliant idea, seriously) so all I had to do was cut up some parsley and top it off on the pasta. I use whole-wheat pasta as an alternative to the regular stuff but you can also use spaghetti squash or make zoodles (with zucchini).


This recipe is one of my favourites because it's actually so delicious and has been adapted to a more healthier version which is a bonus :)

Get cooking already!


Lily xx

Unknown

"History develops, art stands still." E.M. Foster

No comments:

Post a Comment